Monday, September 10, 2012

September 10, 2012


Gahhhhhhhhhhhh so much good news! Glad you had a fun time while golfing with all these important people... In Pebble Beach, and checking out a bunch of people riding in on their own set of wings... How would it be. Some lady was talking how she was at the gym the other day and told us these women next to her were whining about how much the cost of fuel was... The only catch is they were talking about the fuel for their jets... Pfft rich people. Glad to hear you both still have jobs and that they're staying busy. Good to hear the kids are still the same as well haha. You can read to BoM by the end of the year easily. All you have to do is read like four pages a day or something. Just do it right before the kids go to school for a couple pages then right before everyone retires to bed!

Sounds like the world of football is doing pretty swell! All three of these victories sing sweet praises in mine ears. I think the one I'm most excited about is the win over Morgan. That's awesome! I can't stand to watch those cheaters win. It's very upsetting. Hopefully the team goes far this year. I can't believe I was doing that two short years ago. I feel like it was just last month I was sobbing due to a grudging loss to Judge.... Wide left... 

But anyways things on this end are doing very well! My new companion is a stud. His name is Elder Korey Deese. He's a convert of about three years. Joined the church when he was 21 and he has about 7 months left on his mission. He's 24. He's from North Carolina and his family joined the church about two months after he left on his mission. So that's pretty cool. His conversion came about through the Book of Mormon. So it's a pretty powerful piece of literature if I do say so myself. The work is good and we were pretty busy last week. All in all things are pretty good down in SO CAL.

Fun fact for the week, we're at a ward BBQ on Saturday and we started talking to a guy who tells me he grew up in Richfield, Utah. We start talking a little bit and he asks me what my dad's name is. I tell him Bryan. He goes "Oh I know Bryan, he was a great guy! We didn't really hang out and he probably won't remember me but we had drivers ed together! I remember when we were driving your dad went first and he got in and was just cool and through one hand on the wheel and started driving and the drivers ed teacher and him just started chattin it up and talkin all casual like nothing was even happening. Then I got in the car so I tried putting one hand on the wheel and driving and the teacher got mad at me and told me to put both hands on the wheel and then he stopped me in the middle of an intersection and there was a car coming and your dad was like whoahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!"   This man's name is Garrett Billings if I remember correct. So I thought that was pretty neat and funny. He moved from Richfield to Ventura the summer between Sophomore and Junior year. But that's about it down on this end. I love you a lot and look forward to hearing from you next week. Tell everyone hi for me and that I love and miss them as well. Shoot Wade a text and tell him Brady says you're an unreliable human being... Then give him my best of wishes haha I'll talk to you soon!

Love, your son

No comments:

Post a Comment