Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Thanksgiving Week

Yeah having you this close is pretty interesting. The Guido's gave me the American Miss bag so I am now stalked up on jerky and have suckers for a good while. Thank you much for the cash to. That'll help me out a lot because I have some expenses to take care of bicycle and camera wise. But fun fact, today was transfer calls and my companion Elder Gallup is going to Lake Isabella and I am staying in Simi Valley. I will also be training..... Don't know how I feel about that one yet. I don't even know who my companion is. I won't find out till tomorrow morning when I go to transfer meeting. So hopefully I don't screw up too bad. As long as he makes it through the first transfer i'll consider myself successful haha. Think about it this way, I'm only two more Thanksgiving's away. Only one more Disneyland trip without me then it's home sweet home right?


I've learned a lot this transfer. It has been trying, but it has been worth it. I've definitely been coming to the realization that you can't rely on yourself. Yourself will let you down. Yourself will make it so that you try to cope with problems in a worldly manner. Which quite frankly as a missionary doesn't work. You're definitely on a higher plane. I have a new found respect for all those who have served before me and will serve after me. Especially those who actually have tougher missions. I have been blessed immensely and I still find fault with things. Guess that's what happens when you're spoiled huh? Thanks for that one haha. But I have a new found love for people as well. You truly start to appreciate both those who made this possible and those who help you through the hard times. There are some amazing people here in Simi Valley. You've had the pleasure of meeting some of them haha. But our ward mission leader Brother Walter is probably one of the best guys I've ever known. He holds a high status of respect in my books. It's just people like that who make it worthwhile.



We were out walking yesterday and we walked by a house with a couple of guys sitting out front, we said hey how ya doing then kept walking. But Elder Gallup stopped and said Elder Scott we have to go back, I agreed and we turned around and went and talked to em. Turned out they're going to a Bible College down here and they were both so open and willing to learn that it was a very good conversation. We taught the Restoration pretty much and we have an appointment with them tomorrow night so that'll be good. But unfortunately they are Young Single Adult age and we will have to pass on the referral to our Zone Leaders because they cover the YSA ward. So another one bites the dust. But it is what it is. As long as someone has work that's all that matters.



But I love you all very much, I'm sorry I can't be there to make your vacation that much more enjoyable. ;) But I'll talk to you soon. Christmas is right around the corner so we'll be chattering away before you know it. I'll probably call you from the Guido's house so we'll discuss that at a later date. Miss ya tons. Thanks for everything.



Love



Elder Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment