Tuesday, January 22, 2013

January 22, 2013


Hola familia,

We heard about the wondrous teams who've made it to the big bowl this year last night at dinner. The first bowl since the Seahawks have played that i've cared to watch and alas..... It cannot be so. But I'm excited to hear the outcome. I want the Ravens... I love the niners but I want ol' Ray Lewis to get a ring before he goes home. Good to hear you're keeping busy in the office. Always better to have too much work then not enough. Even though it's late hours and long days... I feel your pain it's okay ;). Those zzzQuil things you sent don't do a whole lot. But it's no big deal. I don't think it'll ever change unfortunately. You can rest when your dead I guess.

But this past week was mildly uneventful. We had a couple lessons with a guy we're teaching. He's a good guy we've taught him the Restoration and the Plan of Salvation so far and it's been pretty good. We got word that he's one of those "I want proof in the Bible that this Lehi guy is legit" before we went into our lesson with him. So the route of the lesson went from finishing the Plan of Salvation into talking about the correlation between the Bible and the BofM unintentionally but it was good. I think he needed to hear it. We also had the opportunity to help a lady move out of her house with some of the guys in the ward. Probably two of the funniest guys i've ever met. They're brothers relatively close in age and they invited us to help move their non member acquaintence and it was really fun and enjoyable. I like service. They should have missions where you go clean up disaster areas cause that'd be neat. But beggars can't be choosers. I conducted my first baptismal interview on Saturday, that was pretty good. A 19 year old girl named Rocelina being taught by our Zone Leaders. The interview went well she passed on all accounts and was supposed to get baptized this Saturday but unfortunately I guess she got hit with some anti and is now on edge, so hopefully she can overcome this little obstacle and take it to the big man upstairs. We also found a new investigator named Ivan, we were tracting some houses and this kid answered the door so we started talking to him and he told us he wasn't interested but the people in back might be. So we went around the house and there was a couple guys playing pool so we talked to em for a second and he said come back tomorrow, so we did and we taught him the Restoration and invited him to be baptized. He wasn't so sure about that one but we have another lesson with him on Thursday so hopefully he'll have read and prayed and turned it around a little bit.

But that's about all I have for now. Tomorrow's the big 8 month mark so that's fun. I'm pretty set on things I need. Maybe a little extra cash cause I have some stuff I need to send home. I've been hoarding stuff and I don't have room for it all, so that'd be helpful if I could send it home and have you store it in my room or something. Feel free to be cleaning my shotgun too when Jordan introduces her little boyfriend, as a scare tactic and also cause it probably needs cleaned. But mainly for the scare tactic ;) Love you all bunches and i'll talk to you soon!!

Love

Elder Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment