Friday, February 1, 2013

Januray 29, 2013

Familia!!!!


I wish we were playing beach volleyball haha. We can't touch the sand or we get excommunicated.... I'm just playing, that won't happen, but we can't touch the sand haha. Yeah I heard big Kory has a Dodge Charger, i'm in the air on what vehicle I want when I get home. But alas who knows what it'll be or when i'll get any money to afford such a device. But all in due time. Sounds like he's a pretty good character. I know mom really likes the kid and she appreciates him more then the last guy, sounds like the majority does. But alas, my judgements shall be made when I get home if they're still together. Which from the sounds of it is a high possiblity. But that's alright.


I'm sure you'll all be okay without havin the party at our house this year. Lets get real it's not gonna be any fun without me anyway so you might as well do it there so you can focus on the game and not the lack of my presence haha.


I remember when I came into the field and some of the kids in my district were out about the same amount of time that I was and I was thinking wow i'm never gonna make it to that. But alas now I'm where they are and they're at 16 months...... So that's interesting.


But anyways, now for the update. This last week was quite the learning experience. Basically up till about Thursday we had absolutely nothing going on. Every door we tried every appointment we made basically fell through, didn't answer, or told us to go away haha. It's a pleasure to serve. So I worked in Santa Maria on Thursday with one of the other missionaries in the district which was pretty good. We had a solid lesson with one of their investigators and it sounds like she's doing pretty well since I was there. But on Thursday we received a phone call and it was from a guy in our ward who's daughter in law isn't a member. He said that she's been thinking about it a lot and coming to church for a little while and she wanted to start taking the lessons. Her name is Lauren. She's golden. We taught her the Restoration and we got through the whole lesson and she didn't really ask any questions but then at the end we asked her if she had any and she said yeah, how come we weren't told that the church was gonna fall apart and that a Restoration was needed? and then she asked why it didn't say in the Bible about the Book of Mormon coming forth so we directed her to Amos 8: 11-12 to discuss the famine in the land, the great apostasy, and in Ezekiel with the stick of Judah and Joseph. So she was like wow that makes a ton of sense and that's really cool. So super solid lesson with her and it was good to have a nice thing happen since the week was pretty interesting. But we also had a couple of run ins with people and one we got yelled at for 15 minutes while the guy used MY bible to show us scriptures, then the other guy was like praising us telling us he needed our church to back him up because he wants to give a speech and help the women and children in the world. So that was interesting, nice guy though. But that's about it we're in Santa Maria today so that's the purpose of you getting the e-mail on Monday rather then Tuesday.


But I gotta run so love you mucho and miss you much as well. But I'll talk to you next week! No worry about the money, when it comes it comes!


Love


Elder Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment