Wednesday, May 8, 2013

May 6, 2013

Pops!!

It's all good about the car. I was doing some contemplating and I was being rather selfish with my decisions. I don't need a car like that. So glad it all worked out the way it did. But I did have a dream about you the other night. You might have to clarify whether it was a dream or vision. It was me and you driving around in a luxurious white 750 Li BMW. Vision or dream? You decide ;)

So it's been a really good week. Elder Gates and I were able to teach a lot of people the restoration in the streets this week and pick up a new investigator who didn't seem necessarily golden, but is willing to meet with us so hopefully the spirit will touch her heart and she'll desire to get baptized. We also had a really neat miracle where we were out walking and trying to find more investigators because we've been having a hard time finding them. So we decided we'd trust the Lord to put people in our path. First person we talked to was a girl named Savannah. She was sitting in her garage surrounded by cans of beer and she had a rougher physical appearance to her with tattoos and earrings etc. So we started talking to her and she was one of the nicest girls I've talked to on my mission. She was telling us how she felt God was prompting her to come back to church and she was going to go to new life with her brother on Sunday. So we taught her the restoration and she seemed very open to the idea and we invited her to be baptized and she accepted! She was at her mother's house though so she doesn't live in our area. But it's all good. She should be coming to church this coming Sunday in the YSA ward here in Bakersfield so that'll be really exciting. We also have been making some headway with one of our investigators Theresa. She's more of the atheistic type. But the more we've met with her the more she has opened up to us and been willing to read and pray and etc. So that should be rather exciting this upcoming transfer and i'm going to have to continue to follow up with Elder Gates about her to make sure she's doing alright.

So after being a Zone Leader for a transfer, I'm getting transferred to North Bakersfield to be a traveling trainer. I'm going to be with Elder Jensen for his last transfer and we'll be going on exchanges with all the companionships who will be training this transfer. It's going to be hard. But I know it'll be worth it. Elder Jensen is an outstanding missionary who I got to know while I was in Simi. I know i'm going to learn a lot from him and it's going to be a miracle filled transfer in the Bakersfield 5th ward.

Time is just a cruising a long. It's pretty crazy how that works. Cam has like 5 months left. His mission got shortened two weeks due to the age drop and what not so he told me he'd be home mid October which is insane. I also hit my year mark in less then 3 weeks. I'm not gonna lie, this is the hardest thing I've ever done. Seems like it's only gonna get harder too. But hey refiners fire. Nothing like a good beating to build some character. But that's about all I got for you at this time. I'm sure I'll have loads of info next week. Elder Robbins of the Seventy is touring the mission next week so that will be pretty intense...... But love you lots and I'll call you on Sunday in the Evening! Keep your phone on!

Love,

Your Son


No comments:

Post a Comment