Tuesday, December 17, 2013

December 16, 2013


Dad,

Well it's hanging alright haha. Ol' Goosey boy is just quite the showman huh? Glad someone in this family is gonna go somewhere in life. Between he and Kara we could retire and play golf for the rest of our lives and live on the dull or whatever the heck that system is. Cameron e-mailed me a while back and talked to me about his BYU endeavors. Unfortunately my entire schooling career is not as good as it should be. They'll look at my high school GPA and my ACT because I only had like 11 or 12 hours at Dixie. Hopefully my sop story in my application essays will soften someones heart and they'll give me a break of that kit kat bar. If they didn't I wouldn't be shocked or depressed though. I'd be more then happy to just go to work and try and get some money saved so I don't have to worry about funds for the next 25 years. We'll see what happens. In the event that I get shunned I'll just go to UVU and make up for lost time. But if they cut his GPA cause SUU is an easy school then they'll more then likely cut mine as well since Dixie isn't as prestigious at SUU. I'll be glad to come home and accompany Cameron in due time. Sounds like how I was before I left. Work, come home, sleep, then repeat. That's an exhilarating lifestyle! I'll be home soon though. 

Glad that people are still needing sued and granting the Scott family income. That's always comforting when you have work haha. In his age group are they shooting on ten foot hoops or still playing on the little ones? That is also super depressing about the mighty U smoking the Y... That's been a poor organization as far as hoops go for as long as I've been alive haha. That's fun the Goovy had his first game though. That'll make up for crummy college sports. Wasatch... Oh Wasatch... You know what phrase I've really grown to hate while being out here? "My parents were right" Haha I should've played my senior year. What a fool I am. Oh well, cryin over spilled milk now. We beat Timpview my junior year. They beat em my senior year too. But we also had ol' Trevor Bamgartner and Mike Brown and kids of that nature. They were all pretty impressive athletes... Unlike the scum who just clogs up down low and gets called on the foul while standing still with arms straight in the air.... I'm not bitter. 

I'll see what we can do as far as skyping goes. We'll see what we can do as far as timing goes. It'll probably be around ten a.m. or so. We'll see what happens. I don't even know how we're going to work it. We're trying to get it in the office with President's laptop. We'll see how that goes though. We should be good as far as homesickness goes. I got rid of all my pictures. They're actually going to be heading your way this weekend. Marc Urmston from our ward is going to be up in Midway for part of Christmas so he's going to take up a bag that I gave him with some stuff that I don't need in it. He'll also be packing some of Elder LaPlants stuff that he's going to pick up after his mission. It'll be a suit and a photo album of his. That's about it though haha.

This week was pretty good. Somewhat uneventful. We had transfers so the majority of our time was spent with new/departing missionaries. As well as updating stuff in the office and getting things organized and jazz like that pretty much all week. We got to proselyte for a couple hours yesterday as well as Saturday. As assistants we do a companionship study with the four sister training leaders and we did ours this last Saturday. It was very inspiring and uplifting. They asked us to focus on diligence, compassion and sternness regarding correction, and how to avoid comparing yourself with other missionaries and areas. It was very spiritual and we hope that we made a difference in someones life, cause I know my mind was caught up to serious reflection about some things. We got to talk to a few good families and had a lengthy conversation with a guy named Jason. He reminded me a lot of the country folk back in Vernal. He didn't really have a belief in God and was a little upset with whatever is out there because of some of the hard ships he had to go through earlier in life. Which I think is fair, I think we all have those thoughts in one regard or another throughout life. But we had a good conversation and I think he'll come around. He was very direct, he didn't beat around the bush in the slightest which I love as a missionary. I don't need any of these people teasing us saying "Yeah sure come back another day we'll talk then." Then you go back and they answer saying "Sorry we're busy" then shut the door before you even speak hahaha. That happened yesterday so it's pretty fresh in the mind still. Other then that all is well. We had our ward Christmas party this past weekend and we were asked to dress up as Centurion Soldiers because the theme was "A Night in Bethlehem" so everyone was dressed up pretty Jewish like except for us obviously casuse we were Roman haha. Wish I had some more crazy awesome exciting stories. But alas... 70 hours in the office and 6 hours proselyting tends to keep you on the short end of the story spectrum haha. I love you lots though and look forward to our conversation next week. When I found out some more details I'll try and let you know! Take care and talk to you soon!

Love,

Elder Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment