Tuesday, December 3, 2013

November 25, 2013


Pops,

Yeah seven more days down huh? Transfers are already a whopping two weeks away. You get one batch of missionaries and find em housing then two days later you get a bunch more... Not really but it feels like it haha. It was super fun to be able to mess around in the world I'm not gonna lie. That's the most temporal fun I've had in 18 months... Who knows maybe we'll do it again someday. Are you keeping your RCC membership? Do you know a Jeff Henderson? That is my old companion Elder Connor Henderson's dad and he has an RCC membership. There's also a sister in the mission who used to work at RCC. So that's been kinda fun to talk about with a couple of the missionaries around the We had the privilege of taking a wonderful visa waiter to the airport this morning at around 4 so I'm a little tired haha. But it's all good. That's a devastating start to the season with a big 1-13 for the jazz.... Gall darn. Did you buy a bunch of 6th row tickets again this year? They're probably going to pull a money ball comeback and hit like a 20 game win streak and just throw off the thought of getting Jabari Parker on to the squad. We heard about the Y getting beat by ND. That's no fun. Don't feel super bad for the Utes. Where is this Jason Long guy from who's doing the squad now? I thought Norman Hayter got shuffled out and moved back to Oregon or something to that effect? Maybe I'm just super out of the loop.

Haha ol Goosey boy... Reminds me of myself haha. That's where the majority of the money I made before I came out went was into tithing cause I felt bad I hadn't paid anything the past year. I know the Lord doesn't care about the money and it's the principle. But I felt better about myself afterwards haha. Do I need to pay tithing on gifts? I've always told people no but I feel bad being on a mission and getting money and not paying tithing... Maybe you could offer me some wise counsel master yoda... I'm sure I'm fine either way... But I don't know let me know what you think. That's crazy the Lowry's just got home from their mission. I forgot that I was in the MTC with them haha. Goodness they're already home... That's weird. Nic told me I'm like third from the top on our ward roster of missionaries... That's insane. It wasn't that long ago we were praying for lowry and hills and all those guys in priests quorum... 

Thanksgiving is going to be grand... I'm sure I'll end the weekend about 300 pounds with the four dinner appointments we have that day... Forget that I'm going to feel nasty haha. It'll be fun though. That'd be fun for the kids to go up there and hang out again though. They could have a nice Pizza Hut buffet for their Thanksgiving dinner. Be like the time we went to Tony's or Macaroni Grill or whatever the heck is across the street from Disneyland a few years back. Elder Neff laughed when I read the part about nipper jr. Glad you got the picture. The lady that took it is one of the best in the ward. She's awesome. They have a good family and they're very missionary oriented so it's cool. I hate putting up those Christmas lights haha. That high point is just the brink of death looking over the steep cement as you careen down to your death. I don't know if that was the correct use of careen but I think I can get away with it on this one. I'll put em up for you next year. My frame isn't exactly nimble enough to get em up there. It can handle it though. The lights are starting to come up in Bakersfield so that's fun. Last year was cool in Simi cause they had a whole stash of Christmas lights around there. It was very fun. 

This week was pretty good. We did a couple exchanges with some zone leaders. Spent a day with Elder Wells who's from Indiana and Elder Spencer who came out from Vernal, UT. He moved into Vernal when I moved in with you so we missed each other by a month or so. We had some common acquaintances so it was kind of fun to talk about how it was for him. He's a good missionary very purpose focused and a hard worker so it was fun to spend a couple days with them. They both were really good exchanges. We talked to a guy who we set up a return appointment with and typically you set up these appointments and they don't go through. But we actually got a hold of this guy and taught him the Restoration and invited him to be baptized and what not. He said he'd have to pray about it. Which we thought was a good idea haha. So we're going to give him a call tomorrow and try to set something up to teach him some more. He actually goes to a very anti church here in Bakersfield called the Bridge. So I was surprised to see him be open with us the way he was. But it was pretty good to teach another lesson. We also had a chance to teach a guy Jose. We've taught him a few times since I've been in the ward. He tried to drop us because he felt more comfortable with the Bible then the Book of Mormon. So we taught him a little more and got him to rethink his decisions and we're going to meet with him again tomorrow night with a solid member for another lesson. Well Elder Neff will be cause they're going to teach him in Spanish. I'm going to go with another member to talk to a buddy of his that he wants us to get into contact with. So we'll see what happens there. We started working on transfers today so we only had to spend from like 6 to 3 in the office doing stuff. As well as our e-mails and what not. I had my interview with President this past week too. He asked me what I'd like to do with the rest of my mission cause I've been in this position for a while. I had a hard time answering and I finally said President I'll do what you want me to do.... He was kind enough to reply Well Elder I know that. But tell me what you'd like to happen. Haha he wasn't having any of that shenanigans. So I asked him how selfish I could be and he said as selfish as you want. So I proposed a couple of ideas and he seemed very willing to go with those. So we'll see what happens. It'll be picture perfect if what I proposed comes to pass. But like I said. I'll do what he wants me to do haha. But that's about all I have for you at this point. I always enjoy the weekly e-mail. Thanks for all you do and the sacrifices you've made on my behalf. I love you all very much. Talk to you soon!!

Love,

Elder Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment