Wednesday, January 8, 2014

January 7, 2014


Father,

I'm pretty sure he's just looking for some shorts. I appreciate you love and devotion as well. Highly encouraging to have such great influences backing my every move. Sorry I didn't get to you yesterday we've been slammed. We started working on transfers yesterday and today we had zone conference this morning and we have another one tomorrow then the other Assistants will handle the East side of the mission. So we've been hectic. That's too bad that they Cougs have gotten rocked in their two conference games... I can't believe that the U is doing something with themselves regarding hoops... That's unheard of. That's too bad they're getting a bunch of numbers stacked on the losing side of the record. But hey it's 5th grade not the NBA haha. Glad Goovy is doing well though. That kids going to carry on the family name for sports the way I couldn't deliver haha. I hear the playoffs have been decent. It's too bad the Eagles couldn't come out against the Saints... But I'm rooting for Seattle or San Fran. I don't mind any of the other teams except the stupid Patriots. I wouldn't mind seeing that program tank haha. Look how negative I am... Goodness.

It sounds like the holiday season was a success back in happy valley. I can't wait for next years ping pong tournament so I can show everyone how the pro's played back in Nam.... Haha jk I am excited to enjoy the familial festivities again though. But that's a long ways away. Battle of the Sexes is a new tradition. Sounds like it gives us men another thing to be better at then women haha. Poor Gina... 

Every time you say work is getting slow someone ends up filing some huge law suit so I'm sure you'll be fine. Just keep paying your tithing and doing what your supposed to and what needs to happen will and what shouldn't happen won't haha. Always easier said then done but you can handle it. Didn't you have a story of when you were in Vegas and you went in to tell the Bishop you didn't think you were going to be able to pay your tithing and he told you to double it? I hope that's a correct memory cause I may have told a couple people that story... Haha oops.  Glad Nic is using her time wisely. Jordan does definitely seem to be enjoying herself. Sounds like she and Kory get along just fine and have had a lot of fun together. 

This past week was fairly uneventful even with the new year. Elder LaPlant was sick for the majority of the week and ended up being inside. But it was kind of nice to relax and ponder and study. It's been a while so it was a good way to learn and grow. We focused on faith based goals in zone conference today. Elder LaPlant and I each gave a little training which I was a little worried about because I didn't get to sleep until about 1:30 last night and we had to get up at 6 to get over there. But it went pretty well and we're still functioning properly. We taught our investigator Chris last week. The kid is so prepared it's unbelievable... If only he could get baptized. If he jumps in next year when he's 18 I'd like to come back for it and be there. He's a super good kid. Other then that we have some work planned this week. But with transfer preparations and another zone conference who knows where we'll be... From the looks of it I'll be around here for a little longer as well... Which I don't mind. It's been a fun run and I enjoy it. I don't like having so many eyes on me all the time though. I like to fly under the radar... I try to have my example be the means of a standard rather then a justification, but sometimes it might be used as a justification... Yikes all is well I'm not perfect. Haha I love you very much and always enjoy hearing from you. Remember who you are and what you stand for and I'll talk to you next week!! 

Love,

Elder Brady Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment