Tuesday, February 11, 2014

February 10, 2014




Fasha,

Oh the city of Bakersfield is just stupendous. Haven't seen Arnold's son yet. He probably lives down on Seven Oaks. If he's not their he's in our area haha. Glad Goovin's winning some games! That's cool he's on a first name basis with the Y boys haha. What year is Tyler is he a junior or a sophomore? What's the Jazz's record looking like this year? Have they beat any good teams yet? No one out here cares for the Jazz so I'm a lone wolf. That's too bad Anna's not the president anymore. A lot of the girls were big fans of that lady. She's super cool. I enjoy that family. I still feel bad for throwing ol' Fisher boy into a pile of ice that I presumed to be snow... That was mean haha. I can't believe Jonesy gets home this week. Wasn't too long ago that he busted out a solo right at the end of his talk in sacrament meeting haha. 

That worthless Pope. All he cares about is cash and women now. Scrub hasn't said a word to me since he's been home haha. But it's a good thing he was recruiting in the right places! Is he still with his little Probst girlfriend? I don't hear from hardly anybody back in the happy valley. Verlan Fullmer has been a faithful home teacher. Even though I never respond to his stuff I enjoy getting it. I probably should tell him thank you for his service haha. But other then that I talk to a whopping three people from back home. Used to get mail left and right. Then I hit a year and everything kind of tanked haha. No worries about the shorts. We'll get him some next year or something. Maybe Jimmer will get signed in Utah and then start doing better being back in his home territory. Is it true that he hasn't been doing good since the whole Kobe incident? That guy is a chump haha. Playing another round was extremely joyful. It's perfect golf weather right now in Bakersfield. That's good that snow has been falling. How much has Happy Valley gotten this winter? California is desperate for water as well. While the midwest is getting slammed. Elder LaPlant's mom said that this winter Chicago has gotten over 50 feet of snow... Wish that was Utah. 

I don't know what will happen my last few months. I won't be surprised if I stay around here longer. But I also wouldn't be surprised if they sent me off. We'll see. Did you ever buy Steve's bike? What am I gonna ride for our big race? I'm only gonna make it like 20 miles and then pass out haha. When are you starting your training? I'm gonna be hooped! That's alright though. If I don't win it this year I'll win it next year haha. Just kidding. But seriously... 

So for the update on my behalf, first off Shellie Magelby told her sister you say hi! She was excited and said to tell you hello and actually said that you were each others first dates! That's precious!! But anyway, so a few pretty cool experiences from this past week. We had the missionary department here and they were great! Brother Craig Hill and Brother Nathan Tanner. We had a few meetings with them and also went proselyting with Brother Tanner and it was a very pleasant experience. We received some great training and have also given that to all the Zone Leaders via MLC and apparently all of their meetings have gone well for the implementation of said training. But cooler experience. We're sitting there after MLC and we were asked to go on an exchange with some missionaries up there cause they needed some help. So we were able to work that out and spend a couple hours with them. But while we were waiting the Bear Valley sisters were teaching a guy that I knew when I was there. My companion and I were the first ones to start teaching this guy. But anyway we see him there and we start talking and I didn't think he would remember me cause we only had two lessons then he dropped off the face of the earth. But he's got a baptismal date for March 2nd and he wanted me to baptize him. Unfortunately I can't because the policy is you can't return to your prior areas to baptize people. But I thought it was cool that he remembered me and we got to catch up for a few minutes. We also found a new investigator this week by the name of Shawn Kelly.... Thought that was kind of funny haha. But we taught this one gal who is in a part member family. She's the less active and we were sitting there with her non member family and taught part of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and at the end we invited her to say the closing prayer. She was a little reluctant and we ended up getting her to pray. It was very short, but very sincere and powerful. She had told us prior to this visit that she didn't think she needed to attend church to be close to God. So her saying this in her prayer was good. But she said "please soften my family's hearts so they can know that this gospel is true, the way I know it is true in my heart." She started tearing up and ended the prayer very quickly. But it was a good recognition for her that she still had a testimony. So that was a great experience. But we are increasing our teaching pool in the form of tracting and it's actually starting to pay off which is much obliged. But that's about all I have for you at this point in time. Thank you for all you do and the little package that you sent last week. Love you very much and will talk to you soon!

Love,

Elder Scott!

No comments:

Post a Comment