Monday, February 17, 2014

February 17, 2014

Dad,

Well that'll be pretty intense if he passes up ol' Jimmer boy. I'm tellin you Jimmer is going to get signed up with the Jazz this next year and he's going to start lighting it up again. Same with Tyler in a couple years. They're gonna be the dynamic duo and we're going to call them "White Thunder". Copyright that for me and we'll be millionaires. No one believed me when I told them the Jazz beat the Heat haha. How low are the lakes? I remember a couple years ago Deer Creek stayed full through the summer and winter but the year before it got super low. Where's it sitting at right now? The whole western half of the nation is super in need of water. Kinda sketchy. The greens might not be so green this summer. That's unfortunate. You gotta buy Winn's bike. There's no way we're gonna make that work with you borrowing a bike all the time cause I want to get into this stuff pretty hard when I get home. I want to get a system of biking. swimming, and lifting going. Try and be occupied with physical activity instead of playing tons of Xbox and laying around doing nothing haha. That's crazy that the Bishopric is already getting changed up. It's only been a year and a half? I don't know Brother Wright. But you bet I know J. Wade. That chump hasn't said a word to me since I've been out here. He's going to do what you did to Pope and send me an e-mail in like April giving some garbage excuse as to why it has been so haha. That's alright I can take a hit. 

You'll have yourself all sorts of fun with those squirmy little priests. You were always the favored guy in the crowd. I guarantee you'll be the one everyone wants for rides to camps and activities. It's a scary process beating the word into the youth. You can do some real good, and some real bad. You see that a lot with investigators. If you go over and just slam em with lessons they're much less receptive as compared to going over there and helping them and talking about they're family and issues then talk about how the gospel can bless them. Maybe you'll find a good balance. Cause obviously you need both. But at that age you gotta play their game cause they most certainly won't play yours haha. Can't believe the Jonesmaister and Provost are already speaking next week. That's just awful. My companion is writing a girl who's in the Baton Rouge mission and Elder Provost was her District Leader! You'll have to tell that boy to send me an e-mail now that he has all the time in the world haha. 

If everything goes as planned I should be getting out of here in the beginning of March. But that's only if everything goes as planned. No one else knows that yet except for President and myself. So keep it on the down low. He pulled me aside last week and we had a little chat so we'll see what happens. Then I'll fill you in on the rest of the details and we'll proceed. Tell Nic I will try her supplements. I'm not doubting her theology or reasoning one bit. I just don't have an awesome control over the intake of food so I don't want to try and be doing some crazy diet along with these vitamins.... These mormons like to eat down here... 

In other news, our week was fantastic. We had a lesson with an investigator on Monday that we're probably going to end up dropping tonight which is alright. But we have been working with a family that's got a lot of potential. They remind me of the good ol' folks back in Vernal. Out on the back porch in the dirt yard with the country music blaring holding a beer in one hand and a cigarette in the other. But they're awesome. The mom is a member and hasn't been to church for many moons. All the kids are not members and the husband isn't either. It's definitely a family that needs the gospel. We've taught them many lessons and done some service for them and the 10 year old ended up coming to church yesterday which was a great thing for him and he really enjoyed it. We also found a new family to teach this weekend. We were knocking doors at like 8 o'clock on Valentines Day and the first door we knocked on this street was this couple who was playing with their twin kids. They came to the door and they were super friendly and had a ten minute conversation with us. We asked them if we could come back another day when it wasn't so late and catching them off guard and we all chuckled but they invited us back on Sunday. So we went over yesterday and they kept the appointment, (hardly ever happens) and we got to teach them the Restoration. They're super family oriented which was great because everything we said regarding the family and morals and values of the church they were super on board with and they already look mormon haha. They have some WofW stuff to fix but that's an easy obstacle for them cause it's more of a social thing rather then an addiction. So they're super awesome and we're going back to teach them on Thursday with a member that we think will get along very well with them. So I'll let you know how that goes next week. We also got to go to the Temple on Wednesday for my birthday. We went down with Brother Stotler and had a great time. He took us out to dinner and we got some good food and took some good pictures. Which are in the car so I'll e-mail them to you another time haha. But that's about all I have for you today. I love you very much and am grateful for all your support! Good luck with the new calling. Hope you can help the boys in the ward the way you helped us! Talk to you next week!

Love,

Elder Scott



No comments:

Post a Comment