Monday, March 24, 2014

March 24, 2014 65 days left!


Fatha, 

I didn't expect to hear a better report on the ol' Jazzian warriors.... We need a Stockton Malone squad back on the court. It's too bad. But hey I didn't have to witness any of it so what do I have to complain about? Nothing! Everyone wants to hear about home teaching in the church what are you talking about?! It's like how every missionary wants to hear about obedience in the mission field! Let's get real they all just act like they don't want to hear it but deep down it's the most desired thing of their heart! I'm glad you got to go play a round in 2014! Sounds like you weren't to rusty from being snow bound all winter. As for myself I believe the best round of the year has been about a 43 or 44. Goose is going to be easily outplaying me by the time I get back. But that's okay we can't all be heroes. I'm sure you're heartbroken at not being able to be the big Pa this year at the trek! Sounds like everything is working out in your favor! Random side note, what day is the MS race? I have a feeling I'm going to make it a whopping 20 miles then have to call in the big truck! I didn't get a video of Goosenfrau on the drums either. 

Sounds like big Joel is eager to have his little boy back haha. That's too funny. The work up here in the mountains continues to go forward, unfortunately we'll be losing most of our investigators in a few weeks cause they're all flippin spanish. We've been taking out a couple members with us who speak spanish and they've been translating for us so that we can teach these people. WE'll be getting spanish elders up here this next transfer so it'll be exciting. But Sandra continues to do super well. Almost too well haha she has been reading the POGP and read in Moses when he casts out Satan and she compared that story to the roommate that is holding her back from being baptized haha. I hope she doesn't do anything drastic. She's faithful in coming to church each week and keeping every single commitment we leave with her. We're eating with her tonight at our Branch President's house which will be just splendid. We also found a 15 year old kid this week who is surprisingly spiritual and receptive. He accepted the invitation to be baptized on May 10 so hopefully we can prepare him for that and get his family to join in. His mom sat in on the lesson but doesn't speak a lot of english so I don't think she understood a whole lot. But she was grateful we stopped by and willing to have us back. So that's a bonus. Other then that two of our pretty good investigators are moving back down south which is kind of a bummer but we'll make it happen either way. They're good people they just need an extra push. They've got WofW issues so we taught that last week and it went really well. A lot better then I was anticipating. We have zone conference this week down in Palmdale so their goes a day and a half for us for missionary work this week haha. It's like a four and a half hour drive down there so we'll go down Wednesday night have Zone Conf Thursday then come home that afternoon. It'll be packed. I will have you know that all those little details about serving outta the states I've witnessed alright. I've been blessed enough to have the mold filled bathrooms and the converted garage with bugs falling from the roof as an extra add on. It just so happens that my last two apartments have been described in the BIble and Book of Mormon as the "many mansions" haha. 

But other then that I don't have a whole lot going on up here. I haven't gotten the package yet. Hopefully it'll get here tomorrow. If it doesn't.... I'll tell you next week haha. For now we're just doing the same ol' same ol' I sent a request to Nicki which I'm sure she'll mention to you. So you'll have to chastise me next week when she talks to you about it haha. But I love you and am grateful for all that you have done for me. I hope work continues to go well and that you can find some time to hit the links. We're gonna try to hit the range next week on P day haha. But love you and will talk to you soon!

Love,

Elder Brady Scott



Nic,

Fun fact, I took Elder Holland's order at the Timp Freeze a few years ago. I'm ashamed to say I didn't know who he was when he stood at the register but after he walked off everyone was like "oh my gosh that was Elder Holland!" As I thought to myself, you idiot, how in the heck did you not know who he was? In my defense he looked familiar I just didn't know why haha. Elder Holland is a fan of lowering your shoulder and hunkering down so it sounds like you're right on point with that haha. That's awesome that he attended as just an average joe. I'm sure that was quite the relief for a busy man such as himself. But good luck in your schooling endeavors I hope it all goes well and ya'll get some time to rest in the future! Love ya tons!

No comments:

Post a Comment