Monday, March 3, 2014

Transfered to the Mountains 3/3/14


Father,

Get the important stuff out of the way haha. So I'll be moving tomorrow! I'll be a joyful Senior Companion up in the beautiful land of Mammoth Lakes, California. I'm super stoked. It's been a good 10 months here in the office but I'm excited for some new scenery. Try to get acclimate to the ol' Utah scene. So ol' Provost can't pull this card on me, after many good conversations with a mutual friend of ours Tyson Kohler, he told me you should try and get a hold of Provost cause he hasn't replied to a single thing I've sent him, so alas the present diagnosis is he's a public enemy haha. Also in my defense, while I may have only sent one, that doesn't change the fact that he sent zero! Case dismissed! That's awesome to hear that you have a couple big cases! That's always good to know that we can frolic and play in the midst of the trees and grass. Goose is welcome on most adventures haha. I don't have a problem with him coming to play unless I'll be spending an increased amount of time in Provo afterwards. But if I just go play a round he's more then welcome! I'm up for cycling every day as well. The only catch is if I start working at KO Electric again than I have to be to work by 7 bells... I don't know that I want to get up at 4am to go bike either haha. We'll cross that bridge soon. Maybe something else will turn up for the residual income rather than ACN. We could start up a nice car wash with vacuums like the one they have in Provo. I feel like that'd be a booming business for a little town. Unless they already got stuff since I've been gone. But those things are all over Bakersfield and there consistently packed. 

How in the heck do you get a cyst in your sinus passage? That just blows my mind. I've been very proud to show people the five second clip that Kara takes part in with the new mormon message haha. The members we showed last night think she's awfully cute! Haha is she really taller then Jordan and Nicki? How tall is she?  That's kind of freaky. So this just in, literally, Elder LaPlant just came in here yelling haha Jimmer is going to the Chicago Bulls now? That'll be exciting. Anyway, haha it's crazy to think I'm the next one. After all the prayers that were said while I was in that little classroom it's crazy to know I'm right there... 

This past week pretty much all day every day were in the office working on transfers. It was pretty good stuff. We also went to the temple on Friday which was a good experience. Saw the newest temple video.. There was good and bad too it. I hope the third one knocks it out of the park. But last night we went around to say goodbye to some of the members we worked pretty close with and it was a good experience. I have a few pictures but they're all in the car so I'll send em another time... Maybe haha or they'll just sit in my camera till I get home haha. But it was tough. I loved this ward a lot. Some of the best members that I've met have been in this area and it was tough to go our separate ways. But I got there contact info and will be keeping in touch so I'm excited about that. My replacement is Elder Frost. He's a good missionary and I think he and Elder LaPlant will do really well together. I'm excited for them to take control over here. Oh, one of the less active members we've been working hard with the last few weeks came back to church for the first time yesterday and absolutely loved it. It was awesome to see her come my last Sunday in the ward. I really appreciated her presence. But other then that I don't have a whole lot. Hopefully this next week we'll have a more miracle packed e-mail on the stuff we've been doing up in the mountains. All we can do is our best and hope for the Lord to carry us the rest of the way. So whether we're Ammon among the Lamanites baptizing thousands or Abinadi who helps one measley weasel come into the fold, let it be done. But I love and appreciate all that you have done for me and pray for you guys consistently each day. I'll talk to you soon! Love ya!

Elder Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment