Monday, May 19, 2014

9 days left!! May 19, 2014


Sensai,
When on earth was the last time that Indianapolis made it into the conference finals? Is Jesus coming soon? Haha that's crazy they're up on the Heat 1-0... I need Lebron to do well cause he's going to be giving me my retirement in 20 years hahah. I'll explain that next week. That's awesome that the Chrome has been tearing it up. Gotta love horse movies.... Kind of haha.
I'm glad the firm didn't go under the past couple years. I wouldn't be out here if it wasn't for Preston and Scott inc. haha. It's been a crazy two years... From the very beginning you never think you're going to amount to anything and that the end is so far away. I still have a hard time believing that we're down in the single digits for days I have left. A couple of the Elders I was in the MTC with that stayed in Ventura, they go home this week. When I made that realization last night I kinda freaked out in my head. It's super wild to think that it's coming to an end. At times you can't wait for it but at times you don't want it to happen either. Quite the contradictive lifestyle being a missionary haha. I'm glad everyone has done so well the last couple years and been able to enjoy life. I might die before I get home though... Our truck is in the shop all this week and we're going to try and find a few bikes to make it happen and if that's the case I'll be biking up mountains on mountains which could very well cause me to have a heart attack at the age of 21 because I get tired just going up the stairs hahaha. But if we die before our journey's through, all is well right?

This last week was fairly uneventful. We had a couple good people that we started teaching then we got a call from one of them saying she talked to her pastor and feels she needs to stay with the church she literally just started going to which is super lame cause she promised she'd be at church this week. We also started teaching a little native girl who we've been helping out for a month or so. We started out doing service for them and then finally got to teach one of them last week which was good. We also have an investigator who's an alcoholic and he was totally plastered this last week and was taken to the hospital and he called us telling the nurses that we told him we had a place for him to stay and that we'd come and pick him up and take care of him and stuff.... None of it was true. Then we called him the next day and he left his phone on the bus so we went and grabbed it for him and took it up to his place which is like 30 minutes from where we live and he wasn't home no one really knows where he's at... So that was interesting.... But other then that I anticipate this week will go by very quickly and we'll be dining at Cafe Rio before you know it! Haha
Like I say every time haha I really appreciate all the support you guys have given me over the past couple years. It's been a long haul but I know I wouldn't have been able to push through without the faithful prayers of all my family and the continued guidance and support i've consistently received... I love you all so much and can't wait to see you next week. I'll send a quick one next week if you reply but if not I'll just see you on Wednesday... Love you tons!
Elder Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment